Wednesday 4 October 2017

An easy start


It was an unsettled night in the house last night, so I am up slightly earlier than usual, having given up trying to catch a last few minutes of sleep. No wildlife to deal with today, so I get out the mat and get straight on with it. I use the Downdog app for my daily practice, and I love it. It varies the content of my regular twenty minutes enough so that I am familiar with the poses but not bored by the repetition. It goes well today, the breath linking the asana smoothly and elegantly. My mind stays with the practice effortlessly and in no time at all I’m in savasana, heavy and relaxed. I’m so relaxed that when the cat launches itself at my foot and gets both teeth and claws in, I take it in good spirit and shoo him away. I am Yogaman and nothing scrambles my eggs. At least not yet, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace on Earth

When I roll out my mat I try to do it in as peaceful an environment as I can. I get up early while my wife and kids are still asleep and ti...